July 24, 2007

Things I can blame on Marnie

1. Totally raising the house cleaning expectations bar of my new hubby. We got home at 3:30 am after flying and driving for 24 hours straight - we were grumpy, groggy, and virtually asleep, but he still walked in the house, looked around, and said, "WOW - this place is CLEAN!" (as if it never had been before.)

2. The exploded Coors Light can in my freezer. I would blame this on her mom, but Marnie has can's in the freezer history, so I'm thinking she had something to do with it.

3. Turning my hubby (and myself) into alcoholics. What happened to that bathtub party you were going to have? She left all the beer/wine left over from the wedding in my garage - and I SWEAR she musta bought more.

4. The class I've enrolled in to learn how to fold towels in cutesy ways. They have it a the community college... really they do. My son insisted since I tried to shape shift the towels in the bathroom to match how Y'ALL left them and failed.

5. Totally ruining my expensive gift giving to my groomsguys and bridesgals by putting these adorable little bows with flowers (she stole from flowers i was SAVING to put on my mothers GRAVE!) on the presents. Everybody ripped the bows off and kept them and threw the presents away like they were trash. (I have to admit I kept one too, they were adorable.. but sheesh people! I spent money on that stuff, and time, and.. thoughts!)

6. Making my next trip to visit cost double. There is no way I'm going to be allowed out the door if I'm heading to Vancouver without my son. He ADORES her and her mom. I don't think child abduction is needed. He would willingly leave me and spend the rest of his life with Marn.

7. Ruining my salad. I was feeling like a rabbit the other day - post honeymoon - and pulled out all the fresh veggies I had just bought at the store, and went to chopping. Got everything in the big bowl, and went hunting for my toppings. Cheesie fried onion thingies - sounds weird.. but ohhh so good, bacon bits, and.... wheres that... hmm cant find... where the hell... OH MY GOD! Marnie ate all my RANCH DRESSING!

8. Making me cry on my wedding day. I got through the stressful pre wedding craziness, the wedding, and the entire reception with no tears. I have to say goodbye to her and pow.. spring a leak.

9. Making my wedding day the most beautiful day of my life. Marn and her mom worked their tails off for me - from decorating, to picking out the alcohol, wrapping presents, lugging a load of crap to Roanoke - and back, watching my son, keeping me sane, finding earrings when we had an "I'm NOT walking down the isle without earrings!" issue with one of the bridesmaids, consoling children that bump their heads 10 minutes before the wedding, keeping everyone where they should be, taking beautiful pictures... the list goes on and on. I had no idea how much I was going to make them do until they got here and said "Do you need any help?" But the most important thing she did was be there. And it made my special day - even special-er.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh! I totally forgot about the coors beer in the freezer. Sorry about that! I hope it didn't blow the door off your freezer or anything. Geez.....that was my fault, not Marnies. I hope you will be able to have a party or two or three to get rid of all that booze. I'm glad you and Mark got home safe and had a good time. We thought it would be nice for all of you to come home from travel to a tidy house. It was spotless when we arrived anyway, so it was nothing to do the sweeping and mopping up for you. I know what it's like to come home to a mess and too tired to clean it up. Besides it was so kind of you to have us stay with you.I hope little dude liked his bathroom towels with his dinosaur bath pals hanging all over the place. It was fun for us and I can hardly wait until you come and visit us. You will always have a place to stay. Jim and I can move to Marnies and Y'all can stay at my house.
Cheers
Caroline

willowtree said...

You're just lucky that Caroline didn't leave her knickers in the freezer this time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your wedding!!!! Marnie sounds like a great friend.

I left on vacation and my sister house sat. We came home to NO BOOZE at all - she left us a clean house - literally and figuratively.

Anonymous said...

Willowtree, what a damn good idea! Knickers in the freezer would have really helped with all the heat and humidity in Virginia. Gotta go fill up the deep freeze with all my knickers as there is a heat wave on the way to Vancouver. Thanks for the tip.
Caroline

Anonymous said...

to funny...

glad that ya'll had a grand time;)

marnie sounds like a great friend

Nancy said...

Caroline -(I feel weird calling your Caroline) I cant wait to come up that way and visit with you guys again - this time less stress and more time to just hang out and chat! Little Dude thought your towel arrangments were the coolest. He left them as they were for as long as he could.

Willowtree - yes, I think frozen knickers, rather than frozen beer, might have made we wonder just a little about what happened while I was gone.

Karmyn - Thanks! Marnie is the best kind of friend.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see this until today! What!

I can't believe Caroline is being so sweet and trying to cover for Marnie's inconsiderate freezer-ruining antics; which clearly happened in some kind of alcoholic haze. What a great mom.

Did you take pictures of the towels? I'm totally intrigued.

Nancy said...

Melissa - Ofcourse I took pictures!!! Will post soon!